- Participating photographers must be active members of the U.S. Lighthouse Society. Click here to join / renew or pay the $40 membership fee with a credit card as part of your submission.
- Each member can submit one image per category. (Each category will have a separate submissions form.)
- Digital submissions only.
- Submission Format: Please submit in JPG or TIF format, that is at least 8 1/2 by 11-inches, and at a minimum of 300 dpi. Unfortunately, smaller images cannot be used for the final printed product.
- File Name: Include "lighthouse name," "state," "year taken" and "photographer name" in the file name of your photo. For example: "Jones Point VA 2017 by Candace Clifford"
- Submit only photos that you have taken.
- Photos must be unrestricted. Unless you instruct the Society otherwise, by submitting images to this project, you are giving your permission for the Society to use your image in social media and printed publications. You may specify on the submissions form whether or not it can be included in the Society’s digital archive.
- Some preference will be given to images with a landscape orientation. It is permissible to create a file in a landscape orientation using two portrait images. (Do not send two images; combine the images into one before submitting.)
- Photographers 17 years old or younger should provide the name of a parent or guardian on the submission form.
- Weather (starts January 20, ends February 28)
- Reflection or Unusual Perspective (starts February 15, ends March 30)
- Sunrise / Sunset (starts March 15, ends April 30)
- Technology (starts April 15, ends May 30)
- Detail or Abstract (starts May 15, ends June 30)
- Landscape (starts June 15, ends July 31)
- Preservation Project or Special Event ( starts July 15, ends August 30)
Finalists will be chosen by a review panel for each category. Images for the printed calendar will be selected from the finalists. Each finalist will receive a free calendar. Calendars will be available for purchase in the Keeper's Locker and will be mailed in late October 2018.To see the finalists for each category when they are announced, follow U.S. Lighthouse Society News.
Email any questions to <email@example.com>.
Submission Category No. 1: Weather. Take advantage of the various weather conditions this time of year to create your best "lighthouse weather" shot. Submission deadline for this category is February 28, 2018.
Submission Category No. 2: Reflection or Unusual Perspective. This is to challenge you to look at your subject in a new way. Submission deadline for this category is March 30, 2018.